It was one of those days....
Last Friday I photographed a terrific vintage glass cloche and gray marble cheese server for my Etsy shop:
So yesterday, back home again, I thought: time to get that cloche and cheese server online.
So I carefully put bubble wrap and brown paper around the glass cloche and the marble tray, and tucked in my card along with a little handwritten note. Taking the two pieces, I put them carefully inside one of the recyclable boxes I keep in the garage, stuffing all the sides and edges with recycled cardboard, brown paper, and plastic grocery bags. On went the tape and voila: all was secure and ready to go. I weighed and measured the box and put those numbers into my listing. It was ready to publish.
Urrrrggghhh! For awhile I fought it, trying to think of some way I could estimate those measurements, but in the end there was nothing to do but rip off all the tape, remove the scrunched up plastic bags, cardboard, brown paper, and bubble wrap, get a tape measure and write down the height, width, and base diameter of both pieces.
"publish" button. Talk about time consuming. To console myself, I tried thinking about how I'd sold several great items over the weekend:
Now, if I can just remember to do this....