Thursday, May 24, 2012

An Etsy Sale Leads to a Good Cause

The other day I sold a set of aurora borealis jewelry from the 1950s--necklace, earrings and bracelet--that had been languishing in my shop for a long time.






Since there's a lot of aurora borealis on Etsy I kept lowering the price, and the day it was sold the jewelry was featured in a treasury. Seeing again what I had lowered it to I thought "wow, that's too low, I have to raise the price."  But I forgot about it and then suddenly in the afternoon it was sold.

When I wrote to the buyer, I joked about how I had been thinking of raising the price and that she'd pushed the purchase button just in time. And I asked if she'd seen the item in the treasury.

No, she wrote back, she had simply put "vintage crystal jewelry" in Etsy's search engine and up came my listing. "I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or not (about not raising the price sooner), but I mark these items up and all proceeds go to homeless animals. My main source for my animal charity is making my own Swarovski crystal jewelry."

So my hesitation in marking up the jewelry is apparently going to help homeless animals. Sweet!

And proving again, at least to me, that there seems to be a reason for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment